Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bon Jovi US tour is over

for now.  They will come back in July for some stadium dates and that's it for the Because We Can 2013 Tour.

I had a great time at the 2 concerts I went to and the various live streams they did. 

The best live stream was from San Jose, CA

The best song from that night...

http://youtu.be/LwasW80E8ps

check out Phil's guitar playing!  Wow....have to say I'm liking him in Bon Jovi more and more.  Phil X brings a certain energy and excitement.  Even Tico stood up at the end of this song!  What a finish!

I have to say I'm glad Jon let Phil X spread out a bit and showcase his guitar playing.  Yeah, yeah...what about Richie?  Well, about Richie....I guess to me it doesn't matter if he comes back to Bon Jovi or if he stays away.  Honestly, I don't go to Bon Jovi to see him....I go to watch Jon.

In a way, I'm all about the brotherhood and tradition, the Bon Jovi of 30 years.  However, Richie showed fans his selfish side.  Whatever his reasons for calling in for personal business is null and void now.  The only interest he showed *kinda* is the Los Angeles concert--screw the other cities where fans had been begging for him to show up.  Los Angeles is where he wanted to play and it didn't happen.  However, have to remember, was that true?  The NY Post reported it via a source close to Richie and here is that link:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/with_the_band_xt5eC6MObihu6YmbkVqkdO

My thoughts are this:  Sambora took it personal when his solo tour was busted up, he lost his voice and then, while he was recovering....the new Bon Jovi CD came out and that started.  Kicking aside any chance to get his solo thing going again until the fall of this year.  I think that because the only tweets from him were regarding his contest.  Not a word about Bon Jovi and ready to go back!  Nothing.  That's sad and it's the only thing fans got from him. 

Yeah, I heard what Jon said on Ellen, Richie is the guitar player in Bon Jovi.  Here watch it: 

http://youtu.be/DZ0zhpSuT2g

I think that May 7th is the key date.  Right now, there has not been an announcement if Phil X will stay with the tour or if Richie is coming back.  The only thing fans know is that The J. Geils Band is opening at the stadium shows.










No comments:

Post a Comment